Tea tree Essential Oil
Tea tree essential oil has a spicy, pungent smell and is very pale in color with a watery viscosity.
It originated in Australia.
Tea tree oil is extracted by steam distillation.
A-pinene, b-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, a-phellandrene, a-terpinene, limonene, 1,8-cineole, y-terpinene, p-cymene, terpinolene, linalool, terpinen-4-ol and a-terpineol.
Antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, balsamic, bactericide, cicatrisant, expectorant, fungicide, insecticide, stimulant and sudorific.
- Tea tree is an important oil for the immune system.
- It also is used to revive the mind and body after shock.
- This oil is used with effect for infections mainly due to bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- It can help with influenza, cold sores, catarrh, glandular fever and gingivitis.
- It also reduces post-operative shock.
- It is also effective to help clear bronchial congestion, asthma, coughs, sinusitis, whooping cough and tuberculosis.
- It can be used to help clear vaginal thrush, cystitis and genital infections.
- It clears abscesses, acne, burns, herpes, oily skin, athlete's foot, cold sores, blemishes, diaper rash, warts, sunburn and infected wounds, while fighting dandruff on the scalp.
- Tea tree oil is considered a safe oil, as it is non-toxic and non-irritant, but some individuals show sensitizing to this oil.