Vanilla Essential Oil
Vanilla essential oil has a rich, sweet, vanilla-like odour. It is medium in consistency and is orange-brown in colour.
It originated in America.
Vanilla essential oil is extracted by solvent extraction.
Vanillin and many traces of other compounds such as eugenol, caproic acid etc.
- Vanilla essential oil is used as a flavouring agent in pharmaceutical products.
- It is also an ingredient in some oriental type perfumes.
- Vanilla essential oil is considered comforting and relaxing.
- Avoid high concentration in pregnancy.
- Avoid very high concentrations in skin care.